Swedish Personal Identity Number

A Swedish personal identity number can only be obtained if you have a residence permit valid in Sweden for 12 months or longer. EU citizens need to prove they will be in Sweden for more than 365 days.

Apply for one
You apply for the Swedish Personal Identity Number through the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) once you arrive in Sweden.
Book an Appointment
Visit their office at Trädgårdsgatan 7

Visiting address to Skatteverket
Trädgårdsgatan 7

Inform Us
If you have received a Swedish personal identity number, you need to inform the university since that information does not reach us automatically. Your temporary ID number (T-number) should be replaced if you have a Swedish Personal Number. Please visit the Service Center and bring your JU-card and the decision from Skatteverket (or an ID-card with the Swedish personal number on it).

New to Sweden

The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) has films that can help you when you're new in Sweden.

Link to films

Among other things there's information about the Personal Identity Number, things to consider when moving to Sweden, and if you move within Sweden.

Bring the following documents:

Information for citizen from
a EU or EEA country here External link, opens in new window.

Information for citizen from a
non-EU or a non-EEA country here External link, opens in new window.

Cookie settings